Pierce Pepin Cooperative Services
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The GIS Coordinator shall be responsible for the development and maintenance of the cooperatives’ Geographic Information System (GIS) databases. This position shall provide accurate maps, data and drawings, to assist in the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of the cooperative’s electric distribution system.
- Create and/or maintain accurate, detailed maps of the electric distribution system, which includes locating utility plant on the maps using raster imaging and/or gps coordinates, producing graphic representation of maps for review and approval, and verifying accuracy and completeness of individual drawings.
- Create and/or maintain new subdivisions within the Pierce Pepin service territory using data files or other detailed information from contractors or engineering firms.
- Update maps using the work orders, field notes, and current raster imaging and/or gps coordinates.
- Reviews existing and incoming data for quality and documentation; performs quality control checks to assure integrity and connectivity of GIS data and application; monitors projects and requests, and maintains a project log to assure completion of projects are on schedule.
- Insures all updates and corrections to the maps are done in a timely manner to provide accurate, up to date, electric facility, geographic and land base information to all Cooperative departments.
- Confer with staff to determine modifications, determine nature and type of required detailed work drawings, enter or edit information into the NISC (ESRI based) mapping system.
- Produces maps, in digital or paper format, for mobile data, web based and other external applications.
- Performs occasional field inspections to verify accuracy of the Geographic Information System (GIS) data, reports discrepancies or hazardous conditions as needed, and makes sure the system is updated accordingly.
- Works in conjunction with the appropriate Cooperative departments and personnel, as well as the appropriate vendors, to insure that all computer software and hardware used for mapping is maintained and upgraded as needed.
- Operates Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment in the field and assures data is imported and adjustments made in a timely manner.
- Provides needed information, technical guidance, direction, assistance and training to system users in a timely manner.
- May be required to compile data, calculate statistics or compute quantities in the ERSI mapping system for specific projects.
- Maintain ESRI system and files.
- Creates and maintains AMI related maps (and supporting files) depicting read percentages to be used in installation and maintenance of metering.
- Periodically update rotational maps for projects with yearly budgets (i.e. Vegetation management, pole inspections, and line maintenance) and update contractor maps with latest shapefiles.
- Provide the WI DOT with current facility infrastructure for yearly road construction projects within the cooperative’s coverage area.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates or Bachelor degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred.
- Two years related experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform duties of this position is preferred.
Skills & Abilities
Must be able to work with ESRI and Microsoft Office products. Must be able to work comfortably in the areas of computer-aided drafting and database management. Must be able to move data between systems. Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong abilities in organization. Must have strong mathematical skills. Must have ability to become proficient on computer information system (CIS) and engineering software programs. Must be detail and accuracy oriented. Must be able to adapt to a work environment that requires the knowledge to learn and implement new technology. Must be able to communicate clearly and fluently over the telephone and in person. Must work well individually and with others. Individual must have acute consciousness of safety and a positive attitude toward accident prevention. May be required to travel to attend meetings, seminars, etc., which are related to specific job functions. Individual should be able to handle occasional high-pressure situations. Employee must possess and maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
Send Resumes to Pierce Pepin Cooperative Services, PO Box 420, Ellsworth, WI 54011, Attn. Charity Lubich or email to email@example.com.