Milwaukee County Land Information Office
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The primary function of the GIS Technician is to assist Land Information Office staff with maintenance of GIS tax parcel mapping data. The technician will interpret deeds and recorded plats to draw out these documents for the Milwaukee County cadastral maps. The Technician will also research properties from legal descriptions, property ownership records, and other related materials. This is a 40 hour a week limited term position.
- Update and Maintain Cadastral data;
- Conduct QA/QC tasks and reviews necessary to support the delivery of high quality GIS data, applications and services;
- Create, update, and maintain other GIS layers using ArcGIS desktop and ArcGIS Online platforms.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geography, GIS or Computer Science;
- One year of experience working in an enterprise GIS environment.
- Knowledge of all related computer and software applications such as word processing and spreadsheets;
- Knowledge of esri desktop and esri ArcGIS online;
- Ability to explain and gather information, answer queries, or provide assistance to internal and/or external contacts;
- Ability to persuade, conform or recommend course of action with internal and/or external contacts;
- Ability to speak effectively before both internal and/or external groups;
- Ability to understand and follow instructions;
- Ability to interpret and adapt to established practices and procedures using independent judgment to meet situations to which applications are not clearly defined.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to: Kevin Bruhn, Kevin.Bruhn@milwaukeecountywi.gov