Minnesota Department of Transportation
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Location: Oakdale, MN
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: 11/13/2018
Payrate: $22.65 - $30.96/hr
More Information: Minnesota Careers Page
- Performs as survey lead worker to maintain survey project timelines and ensure efficiency of work area.
- Oversees or operates real time kinematic global position systems or total station to enable accurate collection of field survey data for highway construction plans, or to perform land, construction staking or location surveys.
- Oversees or performs data comparison from real time kinematic global position systems or total station to verify data accuracy.
- Performs as survey lead in construction survey office activities such as reviewing plans and notes to eliminate errors and uploading/transferring electronic files to maximize efficiency.
- Performs as survey lead in the field activities by providing technical direction and overseeing all field aspects of implementing control surveys (horizontal, vertical, and photogrammetric) sufficient to ensure control is accomplished with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Performs set-up, calibration, use and maintenance of survey equipment sufficient to ensure crew has functioning equipment ready for daily tasks.
- Investigates and locates lot corners, monuments and section corners, leads land survey field work and documentation in a thorough manner sufficient to ensure accuracy of data and information.
- Sets up and operates global positioning systems and base stations to gather accurate horizontal and vertical position of monuments.
- Communicates with contractors, landowners, consultants and supervisors to report progress or review work assignment.Leads and assists with performing 3rd order surveys for photo control, construction and location surveys and right of way.
- Performs as survey lead in field construction by providing technical direction and overseeing all aspects of construction surveying sufficient to ensure staking is accomplished on construction projects accurately and in a timely manner.
The level of experience to perform this job at the TS level can be achieved with:
- Four years of experience performing surveys (e.g., land, location, construction, and/or geodetic control surveys, etc.), mapping or related activities;
- Three years of experience performing surveys (e.g., land, location, construction, and/or geodetic control surveys, etc.), mapping or related activities PLUS a combination of one year of experience performing roadway inspection, design or related activities.
Note: A Two year Civil or Construction Technology Degree or the following four year degrees: Architectural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering; Land Surveying / Geomatics; or equivalent may substitute for one year of experience. (In order for education coursework to be considered in lieu of work experience you must submit a copy of your transcripts).
- Working knowledge of English sufficient to read, write, speak and understand oral and written information; communicate with employees and the general public in-person or via two-way radio and other electronic devices; and to maintain routine written logs and simple records.
- A valid Class D Driver’s License with NONE of the following: no major traffic convictions in the past 5 years; OR 4 or more minor violations in the last 3 years; OR any combination of minor violations and at-fault accidents totaling 4 or more occurrences
Apply online at link included