JSD Professional Services
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Land Surveyor will perform land surveying functions on project types and sizes including but not limited to land development sites, land divisions, condominiums, transportation platting and civil engineering projects. The Land Surveyor must work with both internal and external customers on these various project types. The position will be involved with but not limited to scoping the project, survey estimates, preparing and coordinating land division project schedules, representing the project team at community meetings, preparing the land division submittals, project team correspondence, coordination thru the construction phase and project closeout documentation. We are looking for a self-motivated, problem-solver that looks for the most cost effective, efficient method to meet our customer’s needs.
Land Division, survey preparation, project administration & design support
- Overall Project Administration. Includes: preparing applicable documentation, communication with applicable agencies, schedule coordination, task management and status reporting.
- Providing leadership, mentorship, training, guidance to engineering and surveying technicians, design projects survey oversight, work closely with project managers in the civil, planning and landscape disciplines.
- Maintain an open liaison role by facilitating all communications between departments within JSD concerning on-going projects and status updates.
- Filing necessary applications and facilitating all agency communication for all Land Division Projects.
- Drafting surveys and performing calculations including lot dimensions, areas, volumes, cut and fills, etc.
- Researching public records to determine existing property boundaries, easements and other property information
- Prepare flood elevation certificates
- Overseeing and/or directing preparation of all types of surveys, including but not limited to the following:
- Plats of Survey, Subdivision Plat, CSM’s, ALTA / NSPS, Legal Description & Exhibits, Condominium Plats, Horizontal & Vertical Control Surveys, GPS Surveying & Mapping, Aerial Mapping, Construction Surveying & Mapping
- Provide oversight and guidance of the fieldwork associated with land surveying, engineering, and construction projects
- Creating and recreating proposed surfaces for construction layout purposes.
- An Associate degree in Land Surveying, Surveying Engineering or Bachelor’s degree Civil Engineering Technology with at least 2-5 years of work experience as a surveyor.
- Professional Land Surveyor (P.L.S.)
- Must have Valid Driver’s License.
- Autocad Civil3d experience
- Associate degree in Land Surveying and a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering with at least 5-10 years of work experience as a surveyor.
- The ability to concentrate, multi-task and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and clients.
- Strong working knowledge of Civil Engineering fundamentals and practices
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client, project and/or business demands.
- A desire to deliver creative and innovative solutions to our clients.
- The ability to occasionally travel to projects and meetings throughout Wisconsin
Apply online at link included