This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
At Houston Engineering Inc. (HEI) we are scientists, engineers, GIS specialists, programmers, and surveyors providing innovative and practical leading-edge science based solutions to public, private and non-profit clients. Within our growing HEI geo sector (http://www.heigeo.com/web-development), we specialize in development of web, mobile and GIS applications for a variety of clients around the U.S. Our work is conducted from multiple offices throughout the Midwest, but our reach goes well beyond the Midwest. Our unique perspectives on integrating GIS and web technology with engineering and science has made us a leader in the development of water resources applications.
Currently we have an immediate opening for a GIS Technician in our Maple Grove, MN office.
This position is responsible for performing entry to mid-level professional GIS duties while assisting engineers, surveyors, and environmental scientists with their daily activities. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of GIS. Essential duties will include collect, manage, create and edit spatial data for incorporation into analyses, graphics, maps and projects.
- Strong knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS desktop software for map generation and data creation
- 1 year experience in the GIS field using ArcGIS desktop software
- Exceptional cartography skills
- Willingness to work within a team environment
- Ability to stay current on GIS technologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Minimum 2 year degree in GIS from an accredited technical college or program
- Experience with water resources or environmental related projects
- Previous experience working in a consulting firm
- Experience with raster GIS or ESRI’s spatial analysis extension
- Experience with python scripting or model builder for ArcGIS Desktop
- Experience with ArcGIS Online
- Experience with enterprise spatial databases
- Experience with AutoCAD
Apply online at link included