This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Location: Fort McCoy, WI
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: Open - no deadline given by employer
More Information: Versar Inc. Careers Page
- Perform simple and complex spatial analysis using GIS software.
- Create and update facility maps and digital databases using GIS software.
- Create and maintain Service Contract Facility Maps.
- Determine ways to integrate GIS into existing business processes.
- Field Collect GIS Data for inclusion in/updating of database.
- Gather GIS data from publicly available sources for inclusion in database.
- Convert CAD data and as-built drawings for use in GIS.
- Provide technical GIS assistance to novice users on a variety of projects.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies in GIS.
- QA/QC GIS data submitted as part of various contracts.
- Review and update existing maps; updating utilities, facilities and base infrastructure items.
- Coordinate facility assignments and use/classification information with Real Property Manager to ensure accuracy of maps and capitalization records.
- Update facility maps and calculate user assigned space.
- Provide computer aided design (CAD) updates and oversight to the Project Engineers.
- Provide daily CAD support to Project Engineers for project updates, record drawing archiving, and updates to affected archived drawings.
- Work closely with Project Engineers, users and designers to develop designs and construction drawing sets of varying complexity to support locally funded Sustainment, Restoration and
- Modernization (SRM) projects and municipal/utility support contracts.
- Bachelors’ Degree and at least 5 years practical experience in a geography related field heavily utilizing GIS software.
- Broad knowledge of ArcGIS 10.0 Suite of Software (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Server)
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Access, database structure and design
- Able to operate a computer, prepare documentation using Microsoft Word processing, Excel and
- Power Point, and utilize standard plotters and large format scanners.
- Experience using SharePoint software.
- Knowledge of Engineering, Construction and the requirements associated with construction projects.
- Experience using CAD software, particularly Bentley MicroStation.
Apply online at link included