Bolton & Menk
The GIS Developer will work collaboratively within our Development Team and other GIS team members to create leading edge, geospatial web Applications that support our client needs.
- Develop, test, debug and maintain an array of custom web based GIS applications, tools and supporting web services using standard software lifecycle processes.
- Provide support, troubleshooting, modifications, enhancements and maintenance for existing GIS applications, scripts, tools and web services.
- Assist with web GIS development as part of broader GIS Development team
- Assist with creating and implementing web security best practices
- Deploying products to web servers or client machines
- Optimize current processes to run securely, efficiently, and accurately to minimize negative user impact.
- Conduct research and provides input on emerging trends, methodologies and technologies to implement within BMI development
- B.S. Degree in Geography, Computer Science or GIS or equivalent from an accredited college with 1-3 years of progressive GIS development experience
- Experience with mobile application development
- Familiar with web based security models
- Familiar with software/application composition using modular and component based code
- Experience in data modeling
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Effective interpersonal written & verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess valid driver’s license and is insurable at firm’s standard rates
- Experience with web application framework(s) preferably VueJS – Angular, React, Ember or other
- Experience with development tools – Module bundler (WebPack/Rollup), NPM (Node Package Manager), NodeJS, GitHub
Apply online at link included