Bolton & Menk
Bolton & Menk has an Survey Technician opportunity available in our Burnsville, Minnesota office. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry.
- Perform CAD drafting of topographic, boundary, and ALTA/ASCM surveys.
- Perform routine surveying and engineering computations.
- This employee will be tasked to operate robotic total stations, GPS equipment and data collectors; perform manual labor such as construction staking, shoveling and lifting heavy objects; operating motor vehicles and small power equipment.
- Provide a variety of surveying support to a wide range of internal and external clients.
- Have a combination of office drafting and field data collection.
- Associate degree in Land Survey Technology, Civil Engineering Technology or related field from an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent training and experience
- NSPS Certified Survey Technician (CST) Certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Trimble Business Center (TBC), AutoCAD Civil 3D and field survey experience.
- A minimum of three (3) months of basic surveying experience in data collection and basic drafting skills in AutoCAD. One semester of land survey field collection education will count toward the 3-month requirement.
- Knowledge of legal descriptions is required. Educational experience will be taken into consideration for legal description requirement.
- Experience with the following software helpful: Microstation, ArcView or ArcMap.
- Experience with drafting for municipal infrastructure helpful.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable at the Firm’s standard rates.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Apply online at link included