This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The job duties of the Zoning Technician include but are not limited to perform responsible inspection work to assist in uniform enforcement of land use and zoning ordinances in Chippewa County including the issuance and inspection of zoning and erosion control building permits, monitoring compliance and investigating alleged violations; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
The duties described below are indicative of what the Zoning Technician might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any county ordinances created for the position of Zoning Technician. This is not an exhaustive list of job responsibilities and therefore other duties may be assigned:
- Assist department staff in administering and enforcing the following ordinances: Shoreland Zoning, Comprehensive Zoning, Floodplain Zoning, Uniform Dwelling Building Code, Land Division, and Wellhead Protection, and General Sanitation regulations for private septic systems and wells.
- Receive reports or complaints of potential ordinance violations; inspect alleged violation sites; document conditions observed; judge if conditions are in compliance with applicable ordinances; issue violation notices as warranted; issue order for correction of ordinance violations; verify accomplishment of corrections; initiate appropriate enforcement action in cases of noncompliance.
- Review and inspect conditional use permits, variances and septic system plans for compliance with established conditions.
- Investigate and prepare ordinance violation complaint reports. Testify in court proceedings regarding land use ordinances, septic systems and well ordinance violations, when needed or required.
- Perform onsite inspections of private onsite wastewater treatment systems, wells, uniform dwelling code and land use ordinances.
- Assist in assigning E-911 numbers for the unincorporated areas of Chippewa County.
- Assist in the maintenance of county GIS data layers utilizing CADD and various GIS programs.
- Research records in various public offices for the purposes of compiling data for land records mapping.
Policy Administration Functions:
- Provide general information regarding the county’s land use ordinances, including the sanitation regulations for septic systems and wells, for the general public, contractors, real estate agents, attorneys, lenders, appraisers, plumbers, surveyors, engineers, and land developers in written form, orally and through on-site visits.
Community Relations Functions:
- Assist landowners, professionals and other units of government in search of land boundary information within the computerized system or files of the office and prepare copies of information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Natural Resources, Environmental Health, Environmental sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year work or field experience in Land use, zoning, Land conservation, or a closely related area.
- Well Location Inspector and Soil Erosion Inspector licenses required within six (6) months of hire.
- Private On-Site Wastewater Treatment System (POWTS) Inspector, Certified Solid Tester (CST) licenses required within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Uniform Dwelling Code (UDC) Construction Inspector and Unifrom Dwelling Code (UDC) HVAC Licenses required within eighteen (18) months of hire.
- A cell phone is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Apply online at link included