Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
ERM is seeking a Staff Environmental GIS Specialist to join our Minneapolis, MN office. The entry-level GIS Specialist will join an existing team of GIS professionals to integrate GIS technology in support of our core services including large-scale energy infrastructure project feasibility studies, environmental permitting, and status tracking.
- Create route and site location maps.
- Organize and process GPS field survey data (e.g., biological resources data).
- Develop and support web-based map applications and services.
- Support project analysis, data management, and mapping following company protocols and industry best-practices.
- Prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Work effectively with others on project teams to successfully deliver quality projects.
- Enhance existing GIS capabilities by seeking opportunities for improvement of existing methods, tools, or workflows.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, natural sciences or related field; Master’s degree in GIS preferred.
- Minimum of one year applied experience using Esri’s ArcGIS 10x suite of software or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of the technical application, concepts, principles and theories in GIS and GPS.
- Skill and experience of geodatabases, georeferencing, and spatial and attribute data entry and editing.
- Working knowledge of utilizing multiple coordinate systems and projections in mapping and analysis.
- Previous experience developing hard copy maps (designing interactive digital maps a plus).
- Proficient skill developing tabular data from GIS data sets or analyses.
- Practical skill organizing and managing geospatial and tabular data sets.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and Access, and the integration of spreadsheets, database tables and text files in ArcGIS.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, keen orientation to detail, an eye for professional presentation, and recognized organizational abilities.
- Self-motivated, quick learning, curious, resourceful, flexible individual with a common-sense approach to conducting business and workload management.
- Experience gathering GPS data with Trimble GPS hardware and software and data processing with GPS Pathfinder Office software.
- Experience with Esri Model Builder, Python scripting, or other computer language.
- Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD software, MS-Visio, or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and/or Illustrator).
Apply online at link included