This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Location: St. Paul, MN
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: Open - no deadline given by employer
More Information: TKDA Job Posting
Do you prefer working from a project site instead of an office cubicle? Do you enjoy new and interesting challenges every day? Are you looking for an opportunity that will get your surveying career off the ground? If you answered ‘yes’ to all three of these questions, then consider joining our Aviation team as a Surveyor/Technician!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a team of passionate engineering and planning professionals to provide services to general aviation and commercial airports across the country on projects consisting of the rehabilitation and construction of runways, taxiways, aprons, utilities, roadways, NAVAIDS, fueling facilities, airfield markings, and security enhancements.
You will be responsible for managing and overseeing a variety of in-office and field-based tasks associated with airport / airfield projects including preparing survey plans, conducting surveys (topographic, as-builts, and engineering design), reviewing survey maps and drawings, researching survey records, and performing quality control reviews. You will also assist Project Managers with the development of proposal responses by preparing survey estimates and schedules.
You will also be responsible for assisting engineering and construction management staff with the oversight of airport / airfield construction operations to ensure activities are consistent with plans and specifications. While on-site, you will serve as an advisor/observer throughout the construction process by attending pre-construction and progress meetings, conducting constructability reviews, preparing and presenting status reports, identifying issues and providing assistance in resolving construction and design related challenges, and determining desired/required material specifications and coordinating material testing.
- Combination of education and work experience that totals a minimum of five years of experience:
- Bachelors degree in Land Surveying, Construction Management, Engineering Technology, or related field and one year of surveying experience;
- Associates degree in Land Surveying, Construction Management, Engineering Technology, or related field and three years of progressive surveying experience;
- High School Diploma / GED and five years of progressive surveying experience.
- Previous experience conducting engineering, as-built, and topographic surveys for transportation, utility design, or similar infrastructure projects.
- Working knowledge of modern survey methods and survey devices, such as total stations, Global Positioning System (GPS) and data collectors.
- Previous experience working with Trimble GPS and Trimble Robotics survey equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately read and interpret engineering specifications and plans in accordance with surveying and construction operations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to participate in and lead discussions during plan reviews, progress meetings, project team meetings, and site observations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel frequently (up to 50%) throughout the United States to conduct surveys and occasional site inspections / observations; Overnight travel will be required.
- Ability to work outdoors year-round, carry up to 50 pounds across rough terrain, and stand for extended periods to perform surveying and construction inspection / observation responsibilities.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Certified Survey Technician.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil 3D; familiarity with drafting standards including dimensioning, scaling, view ports, drawing layout, checking, and plan development.
- Previous experience, working knowledge, or formal training with ArcGIS.
- Previous construction oversight experience.
Apply online at link included