We are looking for a Survey Crew Chief to run survey crew for mapping and construction projects. This candidate will be supervisor of a field survey crew engaged in various types of surveys including performing boundary traverses, location surveys, level runs, retracement surveys, staking subdivisions, bridges, highways and commercial developments.
The crew chief directs the field activities of the crew so the work is performed quickly and accurately and understands and operates as necessary total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities. The candidate must have the ability to run Trimble GPS and robotic total stations and perform calculations and work with computer programs and CAD. The crew chief will document all phases of survey work.
- High School diploma or GED and 4 years experience as a Survey Crew Chief. Two years of college preferred.
- MnDOT and Railroad staking experience a plus.
- Ability to understand and operate total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
- Ability to perform calculations and work with computer programs and CAD.
- Knowledge of field survey engineering methods and techniques and survey instruments.
- Knowledge of construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to perform higher level mathematical calculations such as algebra and trigonometry.
- Ability to compute arcs, angles and distances from surface data.
- Ability to walk long distances.
- Availability for out-of-town work a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of equipment.
- Must have good handwriting skills for marking lath and recording field notes.
- Clean driving record required.
- LSIT or Certified Survey Technician Level 3 preferred.
- Must have or be prepared to obtain OSHA 10 hour training, Railway Safety training and additional project related safety certifications.
Apply online at link included