Muscatine Power and Water
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Provide advanced GIS services in support of daily operations and on-going transmission and distribution, water, technical services, generation, and telecommunication projects. These services include custom programming for desktop GIS software, web application development, webpage design, enterprise database maintenance, enterprise network, and GIS server troubleshooting.
- Responsible for functionality of the enterprise GIS network, including:
- Network setup and maintenance.
- Monitor and gather performance-related information for enterprise GIS architecture.
- Prepare performance data reports to analyze, optimize, and implement solutions.
- Notify users regarding emergencies, reported outages, or urgent issues.
- Manage and assist in projects as needed, including projects with partner organizations. This includes all aspects of project management from project identification, budget estimation, detailed planning, contract or in-house labor direction, close out, and training.
- Provide technical resources to other departments with GIS needs. This may include collecting GIS field data, GIS data maintenance, updating, and distribution.
- Assist in providing training to users. Training may include topics such as functionality changes or how to efficiently use GIS enterprise applications software.
- Assist GIS Administrator to develop, maintain, and troubleshoot the following:
- Enterprise geodatabase architecture.
- GIS Server architecture
- Custom geoprocessing models, scripts, and tools for collecting, integrating, and quality-controlling geospatial data used by users.
- Map services, web applications , and Internet connections to the GIS/web servers.
- Advise on policy creation for software applications MS SQL database management and reporting standards.
- Assist in preparing annual GIS budget.
- Document system processes such as flowcharts, database diagrams, and schematic diagrams.
- Participate in presentations to promote the understanding and use of GIS products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography or related field, with a minimum of 4 courses in GIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the GIS field required.
- GIS professional certification (GISP) through the URISA GIS Certification program or the ability to become certified within 3 years preferred. Certification must be maintained while holding this position.
- Experience in programming with Esri ArcObjects a plus.
- Knowledge of, and ability to stay current with, GIS practices and procedures, industry-standard languages, coding methods, operational procedures, and software/hardware technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the following:
- Mobile devices with Android or iOS operating systems.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Esri ArcGIS software products and associated sub-components such as ArcSDE and various ArcGIS extensions.
- ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, mobile and web mapping.
- Enterprise geodatabase modeling, implementation, and maintenance practices.
- SQL Server and associated subcomponents, including SQL Server Integration Services
- Geospatial principles and practices.
- Relating and modeling tabular data from non-spatial data sources.
- ArcGIS Server and Active Directory security.
- Microsoft IIS webserver principles and functionality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills, with ability to build productive professional relationships and promote a team atmosphere.
- Proficiency with use of Microsoft Office Word at an intermediate level and Excel at an advanced level.
- Good judgment and reasoning skills.
- Problem identification, analysis, and solving.