Bolton & Menk
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Bolton & Menk is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a SURVEY CREW CHIEF to join our team in serving our Twin Cities metro clients for what will be a busy 2019 season! This position can be located out of any of our metro locations: Chaska, Maplewood, Burnsville or Ramsey.
This Survey Crew Chief, will be operating robotic total stations, GPS equipment and data collectors, construction staking, shoveling and lifting heavy objects; operating motor vehicles and small power equipment; recording data in field books; preparing construction documents; performing topographic, boundary and ALTA/ASCM surveys, and performing routine survey and engineering computations. This position is approximately 90% field surveying and 10% office duties.
The position will support overall metro survey operations, with the majority of the work in the east and northeast metro. This is a full-time position with benefits; subject to seasonal layoff.
- Diploma or Associate of Applied Science Degree in Land Survey Technology, Civil Engineering Technology or related field from an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent training or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of field crew chief experience in data collection and construction staking with knowledge of legal descriptions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable at the Firm’s standard rates.
Additionally, survey technicians are responsible for providing a variety of surveying support to a wide range internal and external clients. A motor vehicle record (MVR) check is a standard condition of employment. Minimal overnight travel may be required.
- Experience with DOT and municipal infrastructure
- NSPE Certified Survey Technician (CST) Certification
Apply online at link included