The Aerial Mapping group of Ayres Associates is seeking candidates for our summer intern program, to be located at our Madison, Wisconsin office. Ayres is recognized as an industry leader in geospatial services and provides consulting to a wide range of professions and data users. We are looking for university students with unique skillsets and a desire to pursue a career in the diverse and growing geospatial field.
It is requested that candidates prepare brief resumes focused on relevant coursework and educational experiences, in addition to any pertinent work experience. Resumes should include a summary of educational projects and studies related to geospatial technologies and their application. Additionally, candidates will prepare a statement of their career objectives and professional interests. Qualifications include:
- Candidate will be currently enrolled as a junior or senior at an accredited university pursuing a degree in Geography, GIS, Land Survey or another related field.
- Knowledgeable with ESRI, Integraph, GeoCue, ERDAS, MicroStation or similar software products
- Able to communicate and interact effectively with supervisors, technicians, and other staff.
- Knowledge of air photo interpretation, remote sensing, programming and spatial analysis.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to travel to the office. This position is expected to consist of approximately 32-40 hours/week depending on workload.
This individual will work under the direct supervision of geospatial staff. Responsibilities may include:
- Preparing orthoimagery, LiDAR data, reports, maps, and GIS data
- Performing a variety of assignments, requiring application of standard techniques and procedures
- May be asked to support the Land Survey group with field work on an as-needed basis.
Candidates will be contacted by February 14th, 2019, to make arrangements for interview time and location.