City of Minneapolis Public Works
The Transportation Planning Intern will provide support for sort and long term transportation projects, programs, plans and initiatives to positively impact and improve the transportation system in Minneapolis.
The Department of Public Works designs, builds and maintains the City of Minneapolis’ infrastructure, which includes but is not limited to: streets and bridges, public buildings, City fleet of vehicles, storm and sanitary sewer system, drinking water treatment and distribution, parking ramps and surface lots, traffic signals, signage and striping, solid waste and recycling and more.
- Collect data and prepare reports for multimodal transportation projects or planning efforts.
- Conduct site visits to evaluate existing conditions and prepare inventory reports.
- Assist with the development and delivery of the City’s annual bike and pedestrian count program.
- Assist with special projects as needed, including video collection and processing, parking counts, and collection of digital imagery of upcoming or completed projects.
- Support documentation, mapping and community engagement materials for the update to the City’s 10-Year Transportation Action Plan.
- Summarize internship activities into a report.
- The ideal candidate will have education in one or more of the following: Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Transportation Studies, Civil Engineering, or another closely related field.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather
- A high level of attention to detail, the ability to do repetitive work, the ability to work independently and/or on a team.
- Willingness to learn.
- Candidates must be able and willing to conduct site visits within Minneapolis for up to 4 hours a day.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience interacting with the public in a customer service setting.
- Ability to work with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Apply online at link included