This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Employee will provide professional and technical information and support to Marathon County landowners in completing applications for and ensuring compliance with the Marathon County Zoning Ordinances, including Shoreland, Shoreland-Wetland, and Floodplain Ordinance, and Land Division Ordinance.
Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, conservation, or closely related major; OR an associate’s degree in a natural resources related field and 3 years experience; OR equivalent combination of closely related education and/or work experience. Private Onsite Wastewater Treatment System Inspector license preferred or ability to obtain one if necessary.
Necessary Special Qualifications: Possession of a driver’s license and a driving record that meets County standards.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Provides support to the zoning program by working with property owners to ensure compliance with County zoning ordinances by completing the following tasks:
- Issue permits, meet with landowners, and conduct on-site inspections.
- Advise permit applicants about the general requirements of Marathon County Ordinances, including general zoning, shoreland zoning, shoreland-wetland, floodplain, and Private Onsite Waste Treatment Systems (POWTS).
- Advise permit applicants about requirements for other regulatory programs administered by town, state, and federal agencies.
- Assist with completion of permit applications; assist applicants with creating site plans for permits; refers permit applicants to permitting agencies when applicable.
- Clearly communicate all permitting options and requirements to applicants, both orally and in writing.
- Conduct on-site inspections of land to determine compliance with permit conditions, assesses impact on land use practices, and makes recommendations for appropriate land use practices.
- Provide determination on permit completion and compliance
- Provide exceptional customer service to Marathon County residents seeking relevant permits.
- Prepare a variety of maps using GIS technology.
- Develop solutions to work issues that add value for our customers.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform related work as required.