City of Janesville
The Janesville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) seeks an intern to assist with a variety of transportation projects and plans, including a trail user survey, a parking study of Downtown Janesville, and a variety of other transportation and planning-related projects as assigned.
- Research and collect data and prepare related charts, graphs and maps related to projects using ESRI’s mapping software, or other software provided by the City of Janesville.
- Assist in organizing and preparing professional and technical studies and analyses.
- Work collaboratively with City staff and be able to communicate with members of the public.
- Develop accurate and appealing graphics, and be able to interpret data and communicate findings to a variety of audiences.
- Perform other work duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Graduate student in urban planning program or related field preferred.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license is required.
- Knowledge of statistical methods,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, judgement and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently
Apply online at link included