This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Kenosha County is seeking a dynamic real estate professional and team player that shares a powerful drive to serve the land information needs of the public we serve.
The Real Property Lister is required to prepare and maintain assessment rolls for tax bill purposes within the parameters of Wisconsin Statute 70.09. Property Listers need to thoroughly understand legal description, title, and applications of law as the information entered directly affects the tax roll. Individual will be responsible for entering, updating, and balancing real and personal property value information for taxation purposes with all assessors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Enter ownership changes and sale information from recorded deeds.
• Prepare and maintain assessment rolls for tax purposes through interpretation of recorded legal documents.
• Interpret recorded legal descriptions for possible changes to computer parcel mapping and tax rolls.
• Research and analyze documents through Register of Deeds Office with possible discrepancies.
• Draft letters and emails to attorneys, title companies, and the public regarding problems identified and offer solutions.
• Generate splits and/or combinations after interpreting the legal descriptions.
• Provide new tax parcel numbers, draft new legal descriptions, configure lot dimensions/square footage, and change ownerships if necessary.
• Provide copies of land surveys and parcel maps to surveyors and general public.
• Scan and index all surveys provided from registered land surveyors.
• Prepare and maintain the assessment rolls for all municipalities within Kenosha County for assessment and taxation purposes.
• Balance open book changes and board of review changes with assessor’s totals.
• Update Land Information web page on county site.
• Assign property address to unincorporated areas of Kenosha County.
• Billing and purchasing operations in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Perform other work as required or assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two (2) years of experience in real estate, title abstracting/searching, or any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform required tasks.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Vocational/technical training in real estate or title abstracting/searching.
• Five (5) years of experience in real estate, title abstracting/searching, or any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform required tasks.