City of Janesville
Location: Janesville, WI
Deadline to Apply: 03/31/2019
More Information: City of Janesville Careers Page
The City of Janesville is currently seeking a GIS utility intern to assist with collecting and maintaining geographic data for the City’s sanitary and water utility layers.
- Assist with GIS utility data development
- Feature editing, including adding and modifying attributes
- Quality control
- Data conversion
- Utility project tasks as assigned by GIS Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates should be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree in geography, urban planning, or similar program. Alternatively, the candidate may hold one of these degrees.
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience with ESRI ArcGIS 10.x software including advanced editing and database management tools.
- Candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
- Candidates must possess critical problem solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience with the following is a plus: Geodatabases, GPS, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, quality control/assurance, researching and reading engineering construction plans, geometric networks, and some knowledge of Auto CAD systems and file conversion to ESRI formats.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license is required.
Apply online at link included