This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Under administrative direction, the purpose of this position is to establish and maintain a comprehensive and robust Geographic Information System (GIS) capability in District 1 that supports the needs of all functional groups. This position is responsible for establishing processes and procedures for identifying, prioritizing and supporting the District’s GIS data and mapping needs. The employee will be responsible for maintaining various spatial and thematic databases, providing analytic research to support management and functional group priorities, and developing a range of cartographic products to be used for internal and external purposes. The employee will also participate in statewide and District GIS coordination/deployment and asset management planning efforts.
A bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Surveying, Engineering, Transportation Planning or Computer Science and one year of professional experience as described below.
Two years of professional experience demonstrating:
- Knowledge of (GIS) & computer generated cartography;
- Experience in cartographic principles and techniques including map datum, projections and coordinate systems;
- Broad technical knowledge of the inter-related elements and automation of surveying, mapping, cartography and land survey;
- Experience researching, interpreting, assisting and/or training others in cartographic techniques, the interpretation of municipal corporate boundary descriptions and other land descriptions, USGS products, aerial photography, road construction plans, highway R/W maps and land survey data;
- Written and oral communication skills to develop procedures, solicit information and provide training; and
- Experience capturing and converting geographic data through operating GIS and CAD systems.
Apply online at link included using job ID #29160