This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Hennepin County Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Office is currently seeking a Supervisor to lead the GIS Business Services team. The GIS Business Services team provides a complement of services focused on building GIS capacity within county business areas, and coordinating GIS resources and initiatives across the organization and with regional partners.
- Provide technical assistance, mentor, day-to-day work direction and supervision of the GIS Business Services team.
- Conduct resource planning, long-range strategic planning, and budgeting.
- Conduct performance evaluations and support professional development of team members.
- Lead staff in developing consultative relationships with business units focused on innovative use of GIS technology.
- Coordinate staff participation on business unit project teams and countywide initiatives.
- Ensure GIS team is providing measurable return on investment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, management information systems (MIS), or an approved related field and four or more years of experience as an IT specialist within the last six years; two of which were at the senior IT specialist level.
- Associate’s degree in approved related field or approved certification in an IT program and six or more years of experience as an IT specialist within the last eight years; three of which were at the senior IT specialist level.
- Eight or more years of experience as an IT specialist within the last ten years; four of which were at the senior IT specialist level.
- Experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- Five years or more of GIS experience, with at least two years in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Advanced knowledge of Esri’s suite of products.
- Advanced knowledge of geodatabase design principles.
- Experience with providing end user support, consultation, implementation, and/or coordination for GIS.
- Experience with GIS database design, data modeling, SDE administration, and long transaction editing workflows.
Apply online at link included