We Energies, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking a GIS Electric and Survey Supervisor in our Milwaukee, WI location.
This position is responsible for direct oversight and strategic planning of the Electric GIS operations and staff, the surveying staff and contractor support staff. Primary duties include: staff supervision and work direction, supporting ongoing mapping operations and maintenance, providing business direction and leadership for assigned projects and applications, and fulfilling internal and external customer requests for specialty map products and asset data. Additionally this position will leverage technology to gain efficiencies for both mapping and survey functionality.
- Direct staff and provide weekly work direction and provide leadership for assigned projects including organizing and preparing project plans, recommending internal/external process changes, estimating timelines and staffing requirements and implementing GIS projects.
- Requires a thorough understanding of the electrical distribution system, including correct connectivity, engineering terminology, and equipment requirements in order to interact various internal and external contacts.
- Perform as the subject matter expert with full command of the electric GIS data model.
- Process disparate GIS data using advanced data conversion and projection techniques.
- Create specialty maps and GIS data extractions by defining requirements and utilizing cartographic mapping techniques and Access, SQL queries.
- Create and distribute regular GIS reports.
- Provide geospatial data and GIS application expertise to business clients throughout the organization.
- Provide data management, data analysis and/or software/hardware to support the GIS system and the GIS Maintenance Staff.
- Meet and consult w/ internal clients regarding interfaces with GIS and how they use GIS data and processes .
- Document and develop data model specifications for the GIS and related interfaces.
- Work closely with IT staff to develop, test and implement GIS functionality.
- Conduct training classes.
- Provide technical application trouble shooting and problem solving support for FAAR/Navigate, ArcMap, and custom map printing.
- Bachelor’s Degree (GIS, Geography, Civil Engineering, Computer Science or a related field)
- GIS experience strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Strong working knowledge of map projections, geographic referencing and coordinate systems
- GIS data integration and analysis
- Reading and interpretation of sketch and land documents
- Basic Electric distribution system knowledge
- Database use (creating queries, accessing/organizing data, creating reports)
- Cartographic map presentation skills
- PC applications: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Desktop GIS (ArcMap), Micro-station,
- Trimble technology and GPS experience
Apply online at link included