This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
You will work in a team environment and supervise other members on the survey crew. You should have prior experience performing boundary, ALTA, topographic, transportation, and construction surveys utilizing modern equipment and surveying technologies. This position has opportunity for advancement for a motivated individual willing to grow with the changing skills and technology.
- Daily coordination with field supervisor, project managers and other office staff.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles, tools, and equipment. Includes daily care and charging of survey instruments.
- Supervise all members of the survey field crew, ensure completion dates and budgets are met, and ensure consistent application of firm operating standards and safety practices.
- Work independently as a one-person crew as required.
- Perform accurate measurements and calculations in recording field data using instruments and measuring devices.
- Transfer survey data to the proper files in the computer network and acquire data for field use. Includes daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Drive company or personal vehicle to reach job sites.
- Identify hazardous situations and applies safety procedures and company standards.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in procedures, technology, and equipment.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
- Well-developed understanding of field survey methods and calculations.
- Solid understanding of local survey laws, rules, and regulations
- Experience performing field boundary, topographic, land title surveys, and construction staking.
- Strong skills in time management, organization, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to use GPS, data collectors, total stations, robotics, and relevant survey equipment.
- Excellent cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
Position will primarily be field work and may require travel.
Apply online at link included