Lake Superior Consulting
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Lake Superior Consulting, LLC, a Shawcor Company, headquartered in Duluth, MN, is a team consisting of Engineers, Technicians and Support Specialists committed to providing a premier level of service to our customers in the pipeline industry. We provide many services to the pipeline industry, including but not limited to: Engineering Design and Project Management, Integrity Management, Welding Inspection, Coating Inspection, Survey, Quality Control, Inline Inspection, and Cathodic Protection.
We are currently growing at a fast pace and as part of that growth, we are seeking to fill a GIS Technician in our Roseville, MN office. The successful candidate will assist the drafting and design team with creating and modifying maps, data loading and conversion, and working with existing databases.
The GIS Technician requires basic knowledge of job procedures and tools obtained through work experience and a technical education. This individual’s work will be closely supervised.
- Produce and update existing maps, utilizing standard cartographic principals and toolsets
- Compile, review, and load data for project use
- Digitize data incorporating necessary QC procedures
- Data upload to company SDE databases
- Adhere to company QA/QC, data and schema standards
- Solve data conversion issues with occasional support of GIS Specialist
- Conduct Route Analysis utilizing Linear Referencing tools
- Compute basic calculations
- Configure and Publish GIS services
- Stay up to date on current GIS programs and standards
- Identify areas where process improvement is needed
- Finish assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Work with other GIS personnel to expand persona and company skillset
- Bachelors or Associates degree or certificate in GIS or related field
- Minimum of 6 months of experience
- Have a beginner level understanding of ArcGIS Enterprise systems
- CAD experience preferred
- Related programming experience preferred
- Computer skills include: Microsoft Office, PDF programs (Adobe and Bluebeam), Document Management Systems
- Must be punctual, flexible, very organized, and detail oriented
- Can properly manage one’s own time
- Be able to work in teams or groups
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently while meeting deadlines
- A strong desire to grow and learn
- Ability to travel (5-10%)
Apply online at link included