This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The Network Specialist – OSP Engineering (GIS) & Construction is responsible for the GIS mapping aspect of the Outside Plant Engineering team. Depending upon workload this person may be required to supervise Consulting resources in the engineering and/or construction phase of the projects. This person filling this position is expected to work closely with representatives from Network Services as well as Network Operations, associate managers, consultants, design engineers and construction contractors for TDS to ensure that the needs of the company are being met. He/She will be responsible for the implementation of fiber and HFC networks while conforming to existing TDS outside Plant (OSP) guidelines and TDS OSP standards established for the CATV operations. He/She is expected to stay current with NESC codes and ensure our construction at all times is in NESC compliance.
- Responsible for the design of OSP projects and/or supervision of consultants who are responsible for coordinating outside plant field construction and splicing operations in multiple locations and states. Provide technical support for special request projects such as, major road moves or potential on-net builds. He/she must work with Finance to ensure proper accounting of facilities placed and interact with the legal department to ensure that the company is not at risk in any asset transfers. If needed, assist in the engineering phase of projects. This involves creating labor, material, and overheads project cost estimates.
- Provide audits of OSP projects and coach consultants and/or contractors to ensure accuracy and consistency. The audits will ensure compliance with National Electrical Code standards and current TDS OSP standards.
- Review all required reports from field personnel and contractor invoicing for accuracy. Manage projects by reviewing quality of work, clean up resolution, proper maintenance of project documentation and continual review of project progress.
- Verify that all documentation required to complete projects successfully, including Bid Jobs, Build orders, Job Start Agreements, VMOP’s and close out documentation is complete.
- Create and perform analysis on network designs for the OSP teams utilizing GIS tools and extensions. Provide the data back for the OSP teams to use in strategic decisions, AD’s and HLDROM’s.
- Partner with Reginal OSP Engineering (OSPE) members on engineering of network builds with in GIS.
- Assist in training OSPE members on the use, functions and tools with in GIS
- Review data for impacts to builds (eg: Roadmoves)
- Create processes and tools for mobile use of GIS for data collection and consumption.
- Provide technical leadership in evaluating current GIS products being offered on the market and provides recommendations for upgrades and changes in methods of practice for TDS. Includes application upgrades and data sources
- Associates degree (or higher) -AND- 2 + years Voice/Data/Video Networking experience -OR- 4 + years Voice/Data/Video Networking experience
- GIS experience
- ESRI ArcGIS experience
- Spatial analysis experience
- Experience in Telephony or related fields
- Excellent leadership, customer relations and communications skills
- Thorough Understanding of Telecommunications industry and principals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- PC database, spreadsheet and word processing skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of NESC construction practices and engineering standards.
- Ability to work in a cooperative and courteous manner with diverse work groups.
- Ability to read and assess fiber and/or HFC designs and prints
Apply online at link included