This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Versar, Inc. is a global project management company based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, with 22 locations around the world. Since 1969, Versar has provided technical and management support to federal, state, and local government clients as well as to industries worldwide, delivering construction management, environmental sciences and engineering infrastructure solutions. Versar offers tailored and secure solutions in harsh environments providing clients with comprehensive engineering and construction management, environmental and professional services.
- Perform simple and complex spatial analysis using GIS software.
- Create and update facility maps and digital databases using GIS software.
- Create and maintain Service Contract Facility Maps.
- Determine ways to integrate GIS into existing business processes.
- Field Collect GIS Data for inclusion in/updating of database.
- Gather GIS data from publicly available sources for inclusion in database.
- Convert CAD data and as-built drawings for use in GIS.
- Provide technical GIS assistance to novice users on a variety of projects.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies in GIS.
- QA/QC GIS data submitted as part of various contracts.
- Review and update existing maps; updating utilities, facilities and base infrastructure items.
- Coordinate facility assignments and use/classification information with Real Property Manager to ensure accuracy of maps and capitalization records.
- Update facility maps and calculate user assigned space.
- Provide computer aided design (CAD) updates and oversight to the Project Engineers.
- Provide daily CAD support to Project Engineers for project updates, record drawing archiving, and updates to affected archived drawings.
- Work closely with Project Engineers, users and designers to develop designs and construction drawing sets of varying complexity to support locally funded Sustainment, Restoration and
- Modernization (SRM) projects and municipal/utility support contracts.
- Bachelors’ Degree and at least 5 years practical experience in a geography related field heavily utilizing GIS software.
- Broad knowledge of ArcGIS 10.0 Suite of Software (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Server)
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Access, database structure and design
- Able to operate a computer, prepare documentation using Microsoft Word processing, Excel and Power Point, and utilize standard plotters and large format scanners.
- Experience using SharePoint software.
- Knowledge of Engineering, Construction and the requirements associated with construction projects.
- Experience using CAD software, particularly Bentley MicroStation.
Apply online at link included