This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Prepares technical proposals associated with complex geospatial industry requirements.
Bachelor’s degree with 3 years minimum related experience OR Master’s degree in Science, Marketing, Communication or related field with 1 years related tech-industry or scientific grant-writing experience.
In lieu of degree a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Works directly with Subject Matter Experts to present technical processes and information in a narrative and graphic format to support written proposals and/or presentations.
- Writes and formats content to describe and promote technical capabilities, past performance and staff resumes.
- Implements proposal processes and planning. Determines proposal concept by clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Takes ownership of proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and submittal; progress monitoring; coordinating requirements with partners; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops the proposal outline and compliance matrix. Obtains (or advises appropriate managers regarding the need for) proposal staffing and other resources. Oversees the coordination of all proposal activities.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and writing drafts including executive summaries and organization credentials.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Occasional travel to corporate offices, up to 10% time.
Technical Writing, Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Market Knowledge. Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Excellent written communication skills.