Anoka County Highway Department
Making the transportation system efficient and safe for everyone isn’t just an Engineering Tech’s motivation: it’s their passion. Engineering Techs are driven by their commitment to the Anoka County community and the roads they depend on every day.
The Engineering Techs plays a crucial role by collecting field information which is the foundation for all highway design. Their hard work is an essential asset in creating three-dimensional digital terrain models to replicate field information for construction plans. Bring your skills to this role to help support public safety, efficiency, and dependability to the Anoka County Transportation System.
- Collect field information using complex survey instruments.
- Convert the field data into accurate AutoCAD base topographical mapping and create three-dimensional digital terrain models that replicate existing field information.
- Assist in the preparation of all construction documents and calculate material quantities.
- Convert all design information into survey notes and perform accurate construction staking using the survey notes.
- Inspect construction sites to ensure compliance with the plans and specifications of a project.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Land Surveying with one year full-time (2,080 hours) work experience in land surveying or construction management.
- Associate degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Land Surveying with three years’ full-time (2,080 hours) work experience in land surveying or construction management.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and five years’ full-time (2,080 hours) work experience in land surveying or construction management.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Successfully pass a criminal history and driver’s license background check.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Surveying techniques using robotic total station & GPS.
- Construction staking standards.
- Construction inspection procedures and standards.
- Trimble Access.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft Word.
- Operate and maintain survey equipment.
- Understand and perform design for construction projects.
- Keep accurate daily documentation and notes.
Apply online at link included