This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Location: Roseville, MN
Type: Part Time
Deadline to Apply: Open - no deadline given by employer
More Information: RESPEC Job Posting
- Be able to meet with professionals of varied disciplines to define data needs, project requirements, and required outputs.
- Have exemplary customer service including the ability to assess client needs to translate them into comprehensive GIS solutions.
- Be able to follow complex written and oral instructions, write professional reports, and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Relate well with a variety of persons under varying circumstances and work under pressure.
- The successful candidate is expected to have a Bachelor of Science in hydrology, forestry, environmental science, engineering or geography and 2-4 years’ experience using GIS in a professional setting.
- Create and edit GIS data and maps using ESRI and/or open-source software (e.g. QGIS)
- Conduct research to locate and obtain existing datasets
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including census, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports
- Create and update relational databases in a variety of database software
- Understand the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales
- Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data
- Prepare metadata and other documentation
- Operate and maintain GIS hardware and software
- Understand GPS and field collection methods
Apply online at link included