City of Arcadia
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The incumbent is responsible for the management and administration of the City’s information technology and geographic information systems. These functions include keeping the City’s computer systems and all peripherals performing and functioning efficiently. Incumbent is also responsible for training all computer users and performs routine backups for all major computer systems within the City. The ideal candidate should enjoy a challenging atmosphere that allows the incumbent multiple challenges throughout the day.
IT Management & Administration
The incumbent is responsible for network security, selecting and installing new applications, distributing
software upgrades, monitoring daily activities, enforcing licensing agreements, developing a storage
management program and providing for routine backups.
Key responsibilities (illustrative):
- Design, implement, and install major computer networks.
- Manage multi-user computer systems.
- Troubleshoot and support major computer networks. Performs system backups and recovery.
- Manage system usage and diagnose hardware and software problems.
- Set up user accounts and resolves user problems, user requests and user errors.
- Work as a team with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain and manage the City’s confidentiality and security of information systems.
- Assist in management of the City’s electronic public records.
- Maintains and manages the City’s media and communication programs.
- Coordinates with appropriate city departments to acquire new data and resolve any questions and problems.
- Follows and enforces all City of Arcadia cybersecurity standards and procedures.
- Respond to assigned helpdesk tickets.
- Develop solutions, make minor repairs to equipment, and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Participate in technology and software training regimen to stay current.
- Serves as liaison with the necessary bodies of governments regarding technology enhancements and new computer, telecommunications and web-based communications systems.
- Maintains and supports all communications and data systems.
- Works with City of Arcadia staff to ensure that system security and other, related policies and standards are adapted and enforced and implemented.
- Prepares functional description of new and revised system changes, including application specifications, user interfaces, data source documentation, database design, data flow diagrams, project costs, schedules, planning and reporting resource requirements.
GIS Management & Administration
The incumbent is responsible for the management and administration of all data management systems
utilized by the City.
Key Responsibilities (Illustrative):
- Edits the geometry, attributes and metadata of GIS data. Makes edits consistent with City of Arcadia and contract cities standards.
- Stay current with systems knowledge via workshops, vendor training events and on-line training.
- Evaluates/enters data into GIS using trigonometry, coordinate geometry, and cadastral mapping standards; generates maps to denote specific land/property location, geography, and topographic attributes.
- Translates legal deeds and land surveys for input into the Geographic Information System; creates, edits and maintains map features such as parcels, lot lines, subdivisions, roadways, municipalities and other related features in a digitized format.
- Perform routine tasks which require some independent judgment; make minor decisions in accordance with laws, rules, regulations and departmental policies and procedures; attention to detail, ability to successfully juggle multiple workloads and problems at a time and retain information at a high level to apply to future situations.
- Present technical information and explain concepts clearly, logically, in oral, written and graphic form, and in a manner understood by technical personnel, county personnel and the public.
- Produce maps as assigned; answer basic customer service inquiries; help fulfill data/data/services/requests; provide backup help desk support as needed.
Associates degree in information technology, database management, geographic information systems, computer science, or related field. A minimum of two years, related work experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work under the stress of meeting many requests and deadlines that sometimes conflict.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and orally.
- Ability to organize, prepare, analyze and interpret programming data to find and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, prepare, execute and debug computer programs.
- Ability to learn and adapt to challenging circumstances.
- Considerable knowledge of, and the ability to apply practically, necessary Internet fundamentals.
- Experienced in support & troubleshooting Windows & Mac OS
- Platforms including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android OS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Outlook Web Access and Office 365
Apply online at link included