Milwaukee County Land Information Office
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The GIS Analyst creates, analyzes, and maintains maps, data, & reports; Assists Milwaukee County Land Information Office (MCLIO) Internal/External clients & staff in technical development of GIS software applications, database design and GIS project development. Performs advanced work in the analysis, assessment, and improvement of an enterprise wide Geographic Information System (GIS) and related programs. Creates and maintains spatial and attribute data, facilitates data capture, and provides analysis, map design, production, and spatial data modeling. Builds GIS applications and provides guidance to less experienced staff and users. Acts as a resource to users and GIS staff regarding the GIS system, applications, enhancements and updates. Assists with the development of ideas, tools, and methods to promote GIS systems applications.
- Contributes to the development of MCLIO website, desktop applications. Develop Web Mapping applications to support enterprise business functions.
- Provides first level support to satisfy Internal/External client problems and questions regarding MCLIO spatial data and web enabled applications. Assesses problems and issues and resolves technical /usages conflicts. Provides specialized project support services.
- Working closely with client organizations, following up on concerns, resolving issues, and communicating project progress. Creates, implements, and provides training; documents and updates training; and provides other technical assistance to staff regarding use of GIS applications.
- Extracts, Manipulates, Organizes, packages and delivers requested LIS data to internal/external clients. Employs multiple tools and methods necessary to select required data and to deliver custom formatted data to MCLIO clients. Utilizes geographic information system and related applications for production, extraction, editing, and advanced analysis of LIS data
- Creates reports and develops presentations for GIS projects, demonstrations and exhibitions, and contributes to the maintenance of metadata along with process and procedure documentation
- A current resident of the State of Wisconsin
- A valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to an insure vehicle both of which must be maintained throughout employment
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- At least one (1) year of technical experience in Enterprise GIS is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of all related computer and software applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Intermediate experience using ESRI desktop, ESRI ArcGIS online
- Intermediate experience using Web Map Application Development/ArcGIS for Server (Enterprise)
- Intermediate experience using Model Builder, Python, SQL, Java Script
Additional Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Exchange of basic information with internal and/or external contacts. Explain and gather information, answer queries, or provide assistance to internal and/or external contacts. Persuade, conform or recommend course of action with internal and/or external contacts. Maintain a continuing working relationship that can have a significant effect on the success of the organization. Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, reports, short correspondence and memos. Speak effectively before both internal and/or external groups. Read, analyze, and interpret safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, scientific/technical journals and procedures, government regulations, financial and legal documents. Makes decisions of responsibility involving evaluation of information; decisions may require development or application of alternatives or precedents. Understand and follow instructions. Execute decisions within limits of standard policy and procedures. Interpret and adapt to established practices and procedures using independent judgment to meet situations to which applications are not clearly defined.
Apply online at link included