City of Eden Prairie
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The GIS Technician supports the Information Technology Division ensuring City staff has the most effective resources and technology when dealing with geographically based projects. Under supervision from the GIS Coordinator, the successful candidate will plan, and organize GIS projects from start to finish according to the required schedules and specifications.
- Assists GIS Coordinator with GIS related software installs and upgrades.
- Assists City staff with technical support and training in regards to GIS related software.
- Provides knowledge and guidance on geographically related issues and projects to other City staff.
- Create and edit base GIS layers on a regular basis to maintain the most current and accurate information.
- Creates project maps and display maps in coordination with City projects.
- Performs spatial data analysis, database management, data conversion, research, data entry, and reporting as needed in coordination with City projects.
- Assist with troubleshooting and development of GIS related web applications
Associates degree in Geographic Information Systems or 3 years pursuant of a Bachelor’s degree required. Completed Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience in ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of products version 10.0+ is required; basic proficiency in cartographic and map design, understanding of spatial information and Geography required; Proficiency in Microsoft Windows based applications and operating systems required; Basic technical skills and knowledge using Trimble based software and equipment preferred.
Apply online at link included