Short Elliott Hendrickson (SEH)
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Our Survey group located in our St. Cloud, MN office has a current position open for a Survey Technician. This will be a full-time position and the successful candidate will work alongside our surveying staff, assisting with day-to-day project related tasks both in the field and the office.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist with the completion of field surveys on a variety of types of projects.
- Assist with data reduction, digital terrain modeling / surface creation, and preparation of right-of-way plats, certified survey maps and boundary surveys as well as many other types of survey documents
- Technical assistance with writing and interpretation of easement descriptions along with courthouse research to gather property information
- Previous coursework in a surveying program at either a two-year or four-year school.
- Experience in basic surveying procedures including boundary / land surveys, topographic surveys, construction staking methods using Total Stations and Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
- Experience in drafting, completing computations and an understanding of plans and easement descriptions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Physical ability to set / pound construction hubs.
- Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and be able to provide own means of reliable transportation.
- Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Bachelor Degree in Land Surveying or equivalent field.
- Two (2) years of field and/or office survey experience
- Field experience with Trimble Survey Equipment
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, Trimble Business Center and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.).
Apply online at link included