The GIS and CAD Records team is looking for interns eager to develop their GIS skills. GIS is just beginning to take hold in the telecom industry and at TDS. We are responsible for the maintenance and distribution of the company’s outside plant records. These are records of the equipment that makes a phone network function. Want to know what path the internet takes to get to your home? Come see us. The team’s work includes migrating legacy network plant data into our geodatabase, correcting and maintaining both the spatial and attribute accuracy of this data, and using the data to help improve network architecture and engineering processes. Ideal applicants will be familiar with ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcPro, AGOL). Working knowledge of programming and query languages (Python, SQL), relational databases, or CAD is a plus. Apply today, this job is literally where it’s at!
- Develop scripts that will automate of tasks within the GIS software and TDS data model. Develop dashboards that will be used for non-GIS personal to query data.
- Normalize files with TDS standard Map scales levels, Symbology, Parcel data sets.
- Analyze and correlate data from a variety of sources to be linked to features.
- Develop databases for managing a verity of project data and data entry in to the database.
- 1 + semester of GIS (must have received passing grade)
- Familiarity of ESRI / ArcGIS 10.x (desktop; mobile is a plus)
- MS Office (Word, Access, Excel)
- Currently pursuing (or recent graduate)AA, BS, or BA degree in Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Web Application Programming Interface (API)
- C+ programming experience
- Java, Python, and HTML5 experience desired
- MS Access database creation and design
- Strong technical aptitude, including the ability to quickly and efficiently learn applications, systems, policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work both independently and on team assignments
Apply online at link included