This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Field System Operators are responsible for driving and operating company vehicles and data collection systems to collect good and accurate data of roadways and their features in a timely manner in accordance with company guidelines by performing the following duties. Field System Operators are accountable for performing tasks in a timely manner and maintaining quality standards when assisting various Production departments while at our headquarters.
Activities Supporting Data Collection
- Operate mobile data collection vehicle in a responsible manner consistent with training and local laws and regulations
- Operate data collection systems within the vehicle to ensure good and accurate data collection of roadways and their features
- Navigate through unfamiliar areas, sometimes under adverse traffic conditions, all while maintaining strict safety standards and maintaining proper data collection methods
- Assist in route planning through the use of maps and other navigational tools
Activities Supporting Vehicle / System Maintenance
- Provide basic maintenance and upkeep of the vehicle in a manner consistent with company policy throughout the duration of deployment
- Immediately report all accidents/damage/malfunctions to management
Activities Supporting Communication / Reporting
- Work with support representative to efficiently troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise in the field
- Maintain and organize a daily, legible logbook of data collected and submit to Data Collection Technician as required
- Accurately record all relevant project metrics and expenditures while deployed in the field
- Maintain regular contact with supervisor or project team to keep them informed of project status, issues, or significant field events
Activities Supporting Company Success
- Meet established timelines and customer expectations
- Maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times to enhance the company’s image
- Work with supervisor and project team to develop best practices that will lead to better achieving or exceeding project goals
Specialized Knowledge/Skills and Other Requirements
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required. Preferred fields of study include geography, GIS, geosciences or STEM.
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid Driver’s License required for travel to job sites, client and vendor locations within the United States.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Willing to undergo a pre-employment drug test
- Clean driving record
Apply online at link included