This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Location: Alexandria, MN
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: 05/23/2019
More Information: Douglas County Employment Page
- Manages the County’s Geographic Information System (GIS) applications and systems.
- Coordinates, synchronizes, enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems through GIS activities.
- Provides technical GIS support services and products to County staff.
- GIS Coordinator: Develop plans and directions for the operation of GIS for current project management as well as long-term strategic planning and system integration; manage the County’s land records GIS databases; manage GIS data acquisition and maintenance, including reviewing and analyzing methods to improve the quality and accuracy of data; develop GIS services for different functions; investigate, evaluate, and recommend data, software, and hardware; remain current with GIS technological developments and advancements; manage Metadata and documentation of data work flow.
- Database Editor: Update and maintain Enterprise Geodatabase;
- GIS Developer: Continuously design and implement new features in current applications; research new applications for internal and public users; knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques used in developing applications for GIS.
- GIS Programmer: Create scripts and write code to provide data in a useful and meaningful format; develop, maintain, and manage GIS internet applications and web mapping services to allow county, public, and external agency users to easily access the system; develop business processes for automated data development and updating using the most current programming languages designed to take advantage of database architecture and system infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, or a closely related field.
- Three years of GIS related experience or equivalent.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- GISP (Geographic Information System Professional) preferred.
- Valid State of Minnesota driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- ArcGIS Server editing and Windows server experience.
- Database development using relational database.
- Understanding and designing data structure.
- Data security and user privilege assignments.
- Identify and implement performance and efficiency strategies.
- Design, create, and edit enterprise geo-databases.
- Configure and maintain internal and external GIS applications.
- Data format conversions.
- Develop goals and priorities for GIS data, applications, database design.
- Understanding the basics of projection systems.
- ArcGIS online map/app developer using widgets, URIs, URLs.
- GIS Analyst, Developer, Map Designer, Data Editor, Tech Lead.
- Knowledge of property descriptions, legal documents, and public records.
- Knowledge of county government work flows and processes.
- Ability to analyze user requirements and develop detailed design specifications.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively organize time and anticipate, plan, and successfully respond to changing circumstances.
- Verbal and written communication skills sufficient to effectively present information and respond to questions from a wide variety of audiences.
- Reading comprehension skills sufficient to understand and interpret technical documents, survey records, and maps.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to exchange and/or convey information, receive work direction, and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of data collector techniques.
- Working knowledge of all maps and files relating to the aping and data base structure.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems with GIS computer hardware, software, and applications.
- Mastery of the GIS software and hardware and a desire to explore the capabilities to obtain maximum utilization of the system.
- Innovative in testing the limits of the GIS.
- Ability to coordinate with IT staff to install, configure and maintain GIS software and hardware for optimum system performance.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot with the IT Department the integration of data and processes between county systems.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written, to assure that applications are developed with the end user’s best interest and ease of use in mind.
- Willingness to share knowledge and work harmoniously with others.
- Communicate courteously and professionally and maintain working relationships with others in carrying out job functions.
- Interact with others in the work unit, other State and County Departments, agencies and municipalities, external professionals, and the general public to provide information relating to work assignments and progress of work or to convey information about conditions or work-elated needs.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, assign projects, and follow project through to completion as required by responsibilities and authorities in this position description.
- Must accept multiple tasks and be adaptable to a variety of disciplines and requests.
Apply online at link included