The MnDOT Seeds Program is a student worker program that exists to provide a career track for college students. To be a participant in the Seeds Program, a student must fall into one of the following categories:
- a minority; or
- a Recently Separated Veteran (RSV);
- economically disadvantaged;
- a student with a disability;
- a woman in a STEM or non-traditional field.
The Office of Land Management, GIS Unit is currently developing statewide GIS right of way data. This position will assist in the creation of this data by primarily performing quality control and eventually progressing to digitization once the worker gains familiarity and proficiency with the data and process. In addition to reporting to the GIS Unit Supervisor, this position will work alongside two GIS Research Analysts who will provide guidance and technical assistance when needed.
Seeds Program Qualifications
- Applicants must be a current student enrolled at a college/university, trade or technical school.
- If a student is enrolled at a credit-granting institution they must carry at least six semester (nine quarter) credits.
- If enrolled at a non-credit granting institution or one that only offers one credit per class, the student must be taking two or more classes per semester/quarter. Any lesser credit (class) load shall be treated as a semester/quarter off.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least two courses or making progress on a dissertation.
- You will be asked to complete an Education Verification form prior to appointment.
- Applicants must be studying a field that fulfills a MnDOT need. Examples of majors that fulfill MnDOT needs:
- Accounting, Finance, Business;
- Communications, Human Resource, Diversity & Equity, Law, Organizational Development, Public Administration;
- Civil Engineering, Chemistry, Construction Management, Environmental Studies, Land Surveying, Planning, Urban Studies;
- General Studies, Administrative Support
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5, or 3.0 for engineering applicants. Applicants will be asked to provide a copy of their transcript to verify GPA prior to being invited to interview.
- Applicants must have a minimum of one academic year left in their post-secondary program prior to graduation.
- NOTE: Applicants must include an anticipated graduation/completion date on their resume. This information is needed to determine eligibility.
- Applicants must be in pursuit of a degree in GIS, Geography, Civil Engineering or related technical fields and have at least one year or more left in school before completing their program.
- Strong computer skills and ability to follow detailed technical instructions;
- Familiar with ESRI GIS software and ArcMAP or ArcGIS Pro;
- Familiar with CAD software (especially Bentley Microstation);
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (specifically MS Excel) and other computer software;
- Strong time management, and multitasking skills; and
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Apply online at link included using Job ID #31860