This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Under general supervision of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Supervisor and with general guidance provided by the Geographic Information Systems Analyst, provides technical support for the cadastral base mapping, E911 addressing, GIS web applications, geospatial database development, maintenance and distribution of enterprise geospatial databases, E911 addressing and mapping utilized by the department, enterprise business applications and services, agencies, and the general public.
- Performs complex mathematical computations; researches, interprets and drafts geometry related to cadastral base mapping
- Assists in the review, identification, creation, maintenance, authentication, and coordination of E911 addressing and roadway naming for cities and townships located within Olmsted County
- Provides assistance to collaboration activities with department, other departments, and outside agencies to develop and maintain GIS geospatial data and applications, and E911 addressing to meet the business needs of the enterprise
- Provides customer service to the department, internal and external staff, other agencies, consultants, developers and the general public based upon mapping, GIS geospatial and E911 addressing product development and/or analysis
- Assists in the development, coordination, and implementation of workflow processes, procedural checklists, procedural manuals and business rules for the development, maintenance and distribution of the cadastral base mapping, E911 addressing and geospatial databases
- Provides GIS geospatial related training and technical guidance to the department, internal and external staff, agencies, and the general public on the use of GIS geospatial applications and concepts
- Knowledge of land surveying practices
- Knowledge and experience with Esri suite of GIS software at version 10.1.x or above, including ArcGIS Desktop Advanced, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ModelBuilder and Python programming
- Knowledge and experience in assigning E911 addressing
- Working knowledge of computer aided drafting techniques
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of AutoCAD and COGO software
- Skill in the use of computers and technology
- Skill in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to write and interpret complex land parcel descriptions and land coordinate systems
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze, manipulate, extract and display geospatial data
- Ability to research, comprehend, problem-solve, draft, and effectively communicate complex land based legal descriptions
- Ability to effectively multi-task and demonstrate time management
- Ability to work within a team and establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, other departments, agencies, jurisdictions, consultants, and federal, state and local officials
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in geography, cartography, geographic information systems, surveying or closely related field. OR A combination of education and experience equivalent to four (4) years of experience in a similar position as listed in the work functions.
- Regular and reliable attendance is a necessary component of job/position. Individuals required to use County vehicles and equipment must have a valid driver’s license and be free of any major traffic violations for the last three (3) years.
Apply online at link included