The Project Surveyor is a developmental position that assists the Project Manager by conducting office activities under direct supervision. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency in regards to the essential functions of the job found below.
- Prepare survey documents and computations associated with boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographical surveys, etc.
- Research project information.
- Review and evaluate survey field notes with supervisor.
- Understand project scope by conferring with project team members and Project Manager.
- Utilize computer and related survey software packages.
- Prepare survey drawings and descriptions utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D and other related software packages as directed.
- Use and understand surveying terminology by reviewing applicable reference materials and location specific statutes and requirements, and by communicating with other survey staff.
- Complete surveying related documents with guidance from Senior Project Surveyor’s, Project Managers, or Team Leaders including: boundary surveys, topographic surveys, and legal descriptions.
- Use and understand surveying procedures and regulations by following appropriate Atwell Standard Operating Guidelines, as well as local and state guidelines.
- Ensure product quality and Atwell reputation by following the Atwell Product Quality Manual and established standards.
- Achieve performance objectives by meeting or exceeding designated chargeability and hours worked.
- Demonstrate accountability and dependability by completing tasks and assignments accurately and on time, following up as appropriate, taking responsibility for actions, meeting deadlines, and following company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Must maintain a current driver’s license in good standing.
- Attend meetings with project teams when necessary.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing team-driven results as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Workload management skills.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge:
- Attend educational workshops.
- Review professional and market segment publications.
- Establish personal networks.
- Participate in applicable professional societies and trade associations.
- Needs basic understanding of the following technical skills:
- Boundary Surveys
- ALTA surveys
- Topographic Surveys
- Total Stations
- Data Collectors
- CPR & basic First Aid training
- Tree Identification
- Legal Descriptions
- Plan Interpretation
- Real Estate Document Interpretation (ex: deeds & easements)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying or related field. (Preferred)
- Surveyor in Training (SIT) preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience is required.
- Experience as and be a proficient Survey Crew Lead. (Preferred)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D or Land Development Desktop.
- Must be highly proficient in:
- Mathematics and Measurements.
- Basic Plan Reading (ex: topographic surveys, boundary surveys, etc.)
- Required safety procedures and practices.
- Must have knowledge of the following:
- Care, cleaning, and use of a variety of surveying tools and equipment
- The principles of performing basic surveys (ex: leveling, traversing, etc.)
- Survey ethics and technical standards.
- Construction Procedures
- Previous Survey or Survey-related internship experience is desired.
Apply online at link included