Bruce Harris & Associates
The GIS Analyst is responsible for the deployment, implementation and configuration of Esri’s ArcGIS Platform as well as providing onsite and offsite GIS consulting and client training. The GIS Analyst will provide technical assistance on configuration and use of BHA and ESRI provided apps and templates, gather requirements for future projects and ideas for app development projects, encourage use of BHA product line and play an active role in implementation thereof.
- Complete specific projects using Esri’s ArcGIS products. These projects include:
- GIS data creation
- GIS data conversion
- Geodatabase Design
- ArcGIS Online Implementation
- ArcGIS Online Configuration
- ArcGIS for Enterprise map services creation and/or maintenance
- Map production and cartography
- ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcSDE) Administration related tasks
- Geoprocessing using Python and/or Model Builder
- Completion of projects and tasks in a timely manner
- Provide Technical Support both internally and to clients
- Prepare Production projects for delivery
- Conduct QA/QC procedures to ensure accuracy
- Assist other departments if required. Training may be required.
- Be a technical expert of Esri’s complete platform
- Define, demonstrate and deliver solutions which maximize clients GIS investment and ability to address critical business objectives.
- Provide training and guidance on best practices for configuration and utilization of ESRI software.
- Participate in training, mentoring and sharing of ideas among fellow GIS Analyst.
- Document all necessary data design and schema requirements, functional business requirements, and standardized workflow processes.
- Assist in business development, marketing, and representation of BHA’s products and solution offerings.
- Present GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff at client locations as well as at conferences as required.
- Bachelor Degree in GIS, computer science or a related field.
- 5 years of professional experience in GIS or graduate degree with equivalent experience.
- Expertise in GIS especially Esri’s ArcGIS software including Desktop, Server and ArcGIS Online.
- Experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability and experience in presenting GIS concepts to large groups of people