Bruce Harris & Associates
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
This position will be based out of corporate headquarters in Batavia, Illinois. The Data Technician is responsible for cadastral/parcel map creation and/or maintenance. Maps are constructed or maintained using data sources such as subdivision, as well as other plats, surveys, surveyor notes, deeds, aerial photography interpretation and other client sources instructions and/or databases. All data sources are used to create an accurate cadastral GIS.
- Complete specific projects using Esri’s ArcGIS products. These projects include:
- GIS data creation
- GIS data conversion
- ArcGIS for Server map services creation and/or maintenance
- Map production and cartography
- ArcGIS for Server (ArcSDE) Administration related tasks
- Research resources such as survey maps and legal descriptions in order to verify property lines and to obtain information needed to ensure an accurate cadastral and GIS database(s) as provided and as necessary
- Utilize aerial photography to ensure proper parcel and/or polygons layout through aerial occupation or legal description reference points updating boundaries, water locations and topographic features as necessary
- Redraw and correct parcel and/or polygon layouts to reflect provided, current and most accurate documentation as necessary
- Compile accurate abbreviated tax legal descriptions as necessary
- Compile Map Change Forms as necessary
- Identify, research and resolve anomalies in legal land descriptions, referring issues to manager/supervisor and/or client as appropriate and as necessary
- Compiling cadastral and GIS data utilizing “Mapping Standards and Practices”
- Process documentation and mapping parcels, creation of divisions of land and/or combinations of land including but not limited to the following documentation:
- Division by Request
- Court Order of Judgments
- All other Client requests
- Conduct QA/QC procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Assist other departments if required. Training may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 1 year experience in GIS, ArcGIS, Geography, and Computer Science
- Ability to complete projects and tasks in a timely manner
- Expertise with mapping and drafting techniques
- Experience with reading and drawing maps from legal descriptions
- Experience with GIS, AutoCAD, computer science or a related field
- Experience with ArcGIS for Desktop
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
Apply online at link included