TRC is seeking a GIS Analyst (level I or II) to work in our ECR Practice in Madison, WI. Project work will primarily be environmental in nature, including site remediation, permitting, construction and responses to agency requests. Typical work will primarily involve map and figure production to present complex analytical data, data processing and data entry, geographic data creation, data editing, data management, data analysis, research, and reporting. ArcGIS Pro and Desktop 10.5+, graphic design tools, and other necessary software applications will be used to assist other GIS staff with large project work and will be used to independently serve other projects.
The GIS Analyst will work with engineers, hydrogeologists, project managers, and other technical staff in the Madison office and other TRC offices nationwide. The ability to maintain a high level of skills in: organization, communication, cartographic design, and efficient map production, while meeting tight deadlines on multiple concurrent projects will be essential.
Qualified candidates will have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Environmental Studies, Engineering or a related field, a post-graduate GIS Certificate, and will have 2 – 3 years of demonstrated professional experience in using GIS products, preferably in the environmental or consulting field.
Candidates should possess proficiency using ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access) products; knowledge of relational database principles and design; knowledge of coordinates systems and map projections. Candidates should also possess excellent cartographic presentation, communication, and organization skills and be able to maintain focus and a positive attitude when under pressure. Candidates will be expected to work independently, with minimal oversight, and complete their work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Previous environmental consulting experience (specifically remediation, DOT, wetlands, and solar)
- Design experience using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or Microstation, and working between platforms
- Graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- 3D Design and Visualization using 3DSMax software
- Experience managing data in a relational database platform, such as: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Equis, etc.
- Programming and development experience applicable to desktop GIS, webmapping, or other commonly used software (Python, VBA, etc.)
- Familiarity with ArcSDE technology, implementation and development of map services for webmaps and mobile applications
- Experience working with remote or cloud-based desktop workflows
- Other web-development skills
- Experience with manipulating data for use on GPS units (Trimble, Garmin, etc)
Apply online at link included