This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Hennepin County Information Technology (IT) department’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) team is currently seeking a GIS Systems professional to lead the county’s GIS Technical Services team. The GIS Technical Services team is a dynamic group of experts that work closely with county lines of business, IT teams, project teams, and vendors to deliver innovative GIS solutions. This individual will be responsible for the administration of enterprise GIS systems and services, and supervision of the GIS Technical Services team (developers, database administrator, and technical analyst).
The GIS team prides itself on hiring well-qualified people and providing them with the necessary tools to succeed. Our technology landscape includes ArcGIS Enterprise (Server, Online, Portal) SQL Server, Visual Studio and Azure Devops.
- Supervise and coach technical and development teams.
- Oversee and design enterprise GIS infrastructure.
- Administer GIS services, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Portal and maintain GIS software versions and licensing.
- Perform application management and deployment in an MS Windows/IIS environment.
- Consult on GIS system integrations.
- Establish and maintain routine automations using ArcGIS Admin API’s, SQL and Python.
- One of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, management information systems, data engineering, business intelligence, data analytics or a related information technology field and four or more years of information technology experience.
- Associate’s/vocational/technical degree in computer science, engineering or a related information technology field and six or more years of information technology experience.
- Eight years or more of information technology experience.
- Certifications in Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), IBM, Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Esri Technical Certification, and/or GIS Professional (GISP) Certification.
- Five years or more of experience with:
- Administration of enterprise GIS systems (ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE).
- Designing, building, and implementing GIS solutions.
- Two years or more of experience:
- Supervising a technical and/or development team.
- Administration of SQL Server.
- Administering and maintaining GIS services.
- Designing large enterprise GIS systems.
- Provisioning, maintaining, and administering GIS Software and licenses.
- Experience working with and knowledge of:
- Windows application, network and security protocols such as Active Directory, Authentication and Authorization (ADFS, Kerberos, firewalls, etc.).
- Standard architecture patterns for on-premises and Azure-hosted solutions.
- Release management and deployment of web applications in a Microsoft Windows Server/IIS environment.
- Python/Geoprocessing scripting.
- Automating repetitive tasks.
- GIS database planning, design, and implementation.
- Work planning, scheduling, reporting, project management and business analysis.
- Iterative software development lifecycle.
Apply online at link included