Minnesota IT Services
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
As a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist/Developer, you will develop and administer enterprise level geographic information systems, web based and mobile enabled applications, web services, spatial databases, and systems and products for MnGeo and its customers. This position aids in maintaining a functional library of enterprise GIS processes, applications, services and databases, as well as maintaining and administering enterprise software such as ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online. The position provides mid- level problem solving support to supervisors, architects, and developers that work with enterprise systems. You will also create documentation related to GIS applications, data maintenance, and automated processes and procedures.
- GIS Solution development – Design, build and maintain geospatial solutions such as web mapping applications, services, geodatabases, base maps and automated processes
- Database Development – Design and build enterprise level GIS databases that support customer business processes. Automate data maintenance tasks using technologies such as Python, FMLE and SQL
- Geospatial System Administration – Program and administer services utilizing Server GIS software, including ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, MapServer, ArcSDE, PostGIS and other technologies in order to meet customer goals
- Outreach, Research & Development – Participate in both internal and external GIS information management committees, workgroups, and meetings in order to guide statewide GIS usage, applications, and data architecture decisions
- Position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the development and delivery of Geographic Information Systems that includes:
- Understanding of geographic data sources, geodatabases geo-referencing approaches and complex GIS data structure
- GIS experience in modeling, requirements gathering application development, and analysis techniques
- Experience with Esri products and other GIS software
- Geodatabase design and management approaches in systems such as ArcSDE, PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience configuring web mapping applications with ArcGIS portal or ArcGIS Online
- Scripting process automation in one or more languages, such as Python
- A Master’s degree in Information Technology or a related field substitutes for three years of experience, related Bachelor’s degree substitutes for two years, or related Associate’s substitutes for one year.
- Knowledge of concepts of cartography, including map design, coordinate systems, projections, scale, map classification schemes and resolution of raster and vector GIS software such as ArcGIS, PostGIS, and QGIS, geographic data sources, geo-referencing approaches, and complex GIS data structures
- Experience administering web mapping services with ArcGIS Server and/or MapServer
- Public presentation skills to a wide audience of diverse professional, technical and management personnel
- Excellent communication and human relationship skills
Apply online at link included