This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Under general supervision, positions in this classification use geographic information systems to modify/create maps for improvements to MGE mapped gas and electric infrastructure, such as underground conductors, transformers, poles, gas mains, valves, and land base. Analyzes designs and confers with engineers or consultants to ensure conformance to MGE geospatial specifications.
- Works with engineers or consultants to determine what changes/modifications need to be made to GIS datasets.
- Ensures new and modified data meet current engineering specifications and mapping standards.
- Ensures and maintains geospatial network connectivity for electric, gas, and conduit datasets.
- Verifies content of required data attributes are populated and accurate.
- Works with quality control tools to update legacy data.
- Creates and maintains associated CAD drawings that reference specific features.
- Places appropriate dimensions per mapping and design standards.
- Assists with troubleshooting GIS issues for data model exports to the SynerGee and DMS applications.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in geographic information systems or related degree. GIS certification or work experience with geographic information systems in lieu of a formal GIS education may be substituted.
- Utility experience is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Esri Arc Map software.
- Working knowledge of Schneider GIS toolset.
- Working knowledge of MicroStation.
- Familiarity with SQL Server database platform.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze problems and follow them from inception to solution.
- Ability to assimilate and understand complex information.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to coordinate work with others.
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as ability to work alone.
Apply online at link included