This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
This position will research and assemble maps and legal property records of graphic and narrative formats, perform comparative and detailed analysis between them to verify and confirm all boundary definitions are consistent, extract features and data from said records to develop new right of way map products, and accurately maintain existing maps and associated data systems of the statewide collection. The incumbent will also develop, convert, and maintain land record data in GIS formats as well as perform tasks in managing the MnDOT GIS Right of Way Maps Database to insure its integrity, security, accessibility, and ongoing reliability. This position is responsible for developing training curriculums based on customer needs and requirements, training individuals and groups, and following up with students, technicians, professionals and managers to verify the objectives are met. Supporting internal and external customers with solutions to improve processes, product delivery, and the communication associated with right of way map information is another important aspect of this position.
Must have at least two years of professional experience demonstrating:
- Knowledge of GIS and CAD generated cartography;
- Experience in cartographic principles and techniques including map datum, projection and coordinate systems;
- Broad technical knowledge of the inter-related elements and automation of surveying, mapping, cartogrpahy, and land survey.
- Experience researching, interpreting, assisting and/or training others in cartographic techniques, interpretation of municipal corporate boundary descriptions and other land descriptions, USGS products, aerial photography, road construction plans, right of way maps, and land survey data;
- Experience capturing and converting geographic data through operating GIS and CAD systems.
Note: A Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Surveying, Engineering, Planning, or Computer Science may substitute for 1 year of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Surveying, Engineering, Computer Science or closely related field.
- Knowledge, ability, and skill in automating MicroStation, GEOPAK, ArcSDE, ArcMap software tools and applications.
Apply online at link included using Job ID #34724