Continental Mapping Consultants
The GIS Manager will oversee and mentor the Defense/Intelligence (D/I) Team Leads. This role requires multi-tasking, self-direction and independent management to build and foster the company’s vision with the team. The Manager will work closely with production team members at different company sites to ensure cohesiveness of production quality and output. This position is responsible for the day to day health of the team through effective communication and collaboration, managing the teams’ software/hardware/staff resources, and delegating resources for the full production lifecycle by insuring the team has the necessary resources and direction to innovate solutions, build quality processes, and meet key performance indicators. This position requires extensive experience in running projects using industry accepted project management processes, evaluating and building proposals, resource management, team leading, technical writing, and cost analysis.
- Supervise direct reports
- Performs reviews
- Review/approve PTO and timecards
- Address HR issues and facilitate HR plans
- Addressing performance issues
- Addressing personnel issues
- Issuing disciplinary actions
- Assist in hiring process
- Identify and nurture leadership qualities in employees
- Ensure all corporate communication items are relayed down through the D/I group.
- Provide oversight on project plans, project execution and project deliverables across the project portfolio.
- Responsible for the communication of resource needs, scheduling, and plan to the General Manager ensuring resources are properly allocated and accounted for in the plan.
- Oversee project plan and schedule development and sign off.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure staffing assignments meet revenue goals and contractual due dates.
- Oversee and manage technical questions.
- Responsible for all D/I task order project execution.
- Address new technologies and trends within the industry by developing a culture of innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (four years). The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ relevant skill experience including the following: Knowledge of Defense and NGA client specifications and requirements, data compilation workflows, best practices and security requirements.
- Knowledge of
- NGA client specifications and requirements, data compilation workflows and best practices, and security requirements
- Government security protocols to ensure the safekeeping of customer and staff information
- PMBOK best practices
- Formal project management techniques, preferable PMBOK
- Demonstrated experience with software including but not limited to: ESRI Production Mapping suite of tools, including DataReviewer, Workflow Manager, and Task Assistant Manager, Microsoft suite, GAIT, Socet Set, Conflation Technologies, Map Compilation, Arc SDE, Database Schema Mapping, Open Source research techniques, ArcGIS, SDE, QGIS
- Ability to
- Exercise considerable judgement and discretion in completing assignments
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, recognizing problems and finding solutions
- Establish and maintain project priorities
Apply online at link included