Continental Mapping Consultants
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The Geospatial Software Developer will be integrated into our production team working in a fast changing environment, designing and building software tools and applications in Microsoft .Net, Python, ASP.Net and other languages that will improve the quality and efficiency of our production processes along with tools for our clients and customers. Development will include both internal use tools and applications/tools for clients. The Developer will work within the Defense and Intelligence (D&I) sector but will also support our Civil Works (CW) and Transportation & Infrastructure (T&I) sector. In addition to sector support, the Developer will interface and work closely with other developers on our agile development team supporting corporate initiatives to coordinate new technologies and troubleshoot programs and applications within all sectors.
- Design and implement software solutions.
- Development of desktop and/or web-based GIS solutions.
- Develop custom routines, viewers, and/or databases.
- Suggest new technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use.
- Work as part of a team to provide detailed software design solutions and actionable geospatial information and products to our customers, partners, and all parts of the company.
- Develop, test, and maintain modular software programs and tools developing scalable solutions to collect, store, analyze, and visualize geospatial data.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with existing GIS applications, tools, and data. Ensure tools/applications are properly documented both internally and with user guides as needed.
- Manage scheduling and reporting requirements to stakeholders and management.
- Some travel required to visit our production teams in WI and/or MO.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (four years). A minimum of 3 years’ relevant skill experience in a software development role working with production teams to build applications.
- Working with open source libraries both to modify and release and integrate into commercial products
- Technical writing skills to complete software documentation
- With engaging employees at all levels in an organization
- Strong understanding of spatial relationships, in the real world and databases.
- Organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks and managing their time.
- Work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients.
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the Agile software development life cycle.
- To develop tools and applications in Microsoft VB.Net, C#.Net, ASP.Net, Java, HTML, Python
- Developing applications that work with various databases to include Microsoft SQL Server and PostGresSQL
- In web development and cloud based applications
- Object-orienting programming
- To use ticketing systems for task management
- To work with version control
- To develop user interfaces that are efficient to use
- Agile Software to support Sprints and Scrums
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- US Citizenship required
- Must have or be able to obtain Government Security Clearance
Apply online at link included