Continental Mapping Consultants
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: Open - no deadline given by employer
More Information: Continental Mapping Consultants Job Posting
Continental Mapping has an immediate need for Geospatial Analysts with Active Security Clearances. This is a full-time positon with benefits and is based in Sun Prairie, WI. Must have an Active security clearance or have a clearance that can be reinstated upon hire to apply for this position.
The Geospatial Analyst will extract feature and/or terrain data from a variety of sources and conduct research to prepare the data for our clients. The Geospatial Analyst should have experience conflating various geospatial sources into a seamless vector database adhering to topological rules and attribute/metadata standards. The Geospatial Analyst is proficient with the tools needed to complete assigned tasks and demonstrates a willingness to improve their workflow and quality. While working on assigned projects the Geospatial Analyst will work closely with the Project Lead and Project Quality Control staff, reporting status, any quality concerns and address other project related items. The Geospatial Analyst may mentor employees, perform QC duties, training and delivery duties at the discretion of the Production Manager, Project Lead and/or QC Lead of a particular project. The candidate will possess strong technical skills, having the ability to troubleshoot software and data management issues.
- Must have an Active security clearance or have a clearance that can be reinstated upon hire (Sun Prairie office only).
- Extract feature and/or terrain (3D) data from a variety of sources
- Conflate and adjudicate vector sources
- Conduct research to full prepare and populate attribution from available sources
- Assist in work procedures/checklist updates and/or creation
- Assist the project lead(s) with project scheduling, where necessary, as well as update project status
- Perform product finishing tasks to client content and quality specifications
- Conducts quality control reviews of data and provides feedback
- Conduct peer review of data prior to QC where applicable
- Assist in training/mentoring of co-workers
- Awareness, adherence and enforcement of corporate policies and procedures.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (four years). The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1+ years’ relevant skill experience including the following: working in production teams, knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, and computer technology; knowledge of geographical information systems, geospatial production techniques, and digital data formats
- Previous geospatial data production (in particular, experience with large Government Agency Geospatial and Cartographic data, products and services), especially the collection of feature and terrain data from satellite imagery and other sources
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of
- Client specifications and requirements, data compilation workflows and best practices, and security requirements
- Software such as but not limited to ArcGIS, Socet GXP, Photoshop, and QGIS.
- Ability to:
- Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and respond to problems as they occur with diplomacy, common sense, and a positive attitude.
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, recognizing problems and finding solutions.
- Establish and maintain project priorities.
- Strong understanding of spatial relationships, in the real world and databases.
- Experience leading production related activities to include:
- Developing new processes and procedures
- Developing and tracking quality processes
- Tracking and managing productivity
- Running projects (planning, execution and through close-out)
License and/or Certifications:
- GISP, CP or PMP preferred
Apply online at link included